basketball Referee course
level 2 - from Apr to jun 2020
In this course, you will get to familiarize yourself with FIBA Official Basketball Rules 2018, 2-person officiating (2PO) mechanics and Individual Officiating Techniques (IOT), the set of fundamental skills that officials need to possess in order to process and facilitate the correct decision.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to officiate local games in levels deem fit by the Technical Development Evaluation team. And of course, depending on your progression and eligibility, you could be invited to participate in the FIBA Referee selection and/or attend FIBA Referee Clinics, where you will be given opportunities to officiate at regional or international basketball games! You may read here to know more about the progression of a basketball official.
Sign up today to pursue your dream career in basketball officiating! :)
Singapore Basketball Centre
Anyone aged 16 y.o to 50 y.o; with good command of English
1. Sessions will be conducted based on FIBA Official Basketball Rules 2018 (Publish on Jan 2019) and 2 PO mechanics.
2. Attendance has to be 80% to be eligible for examinations.
3. Most of the sessions will be conducted on court, Comfortable Sports Attire is encouraged.
4. Self-study is mandatory to maximize the sessions for discussions and group activities. The facilitators will be there to guide you at each step of your way!
5. Retaking the upcoming course in an unfortunate event that the graduation criteria 1 to 3 are not met, will be at a nominal fee of $50 for students and $100 for adults.
(Graduation Criteria - pass all 4 components)
(1) Theory Examination (Open Book) - 25 MCQs; 1 hour; 80% to pass.
(2) Practical Examination - 60% to pass
(3) Beep Test - 50 laps to pass
(4) On-Job-Training (OJT) Programme – on completion of the course, participants are required to perform:
- 8 games of On-court officiating
- 8 games of Table officiating
- 16 OJT Logs
- 1 x Video evaluation (3 attempts)
- Upon completion of components #1 to #3, you will only be presented with a Certificate of Participation.
- Upon completion of the OJT Programme, you will be awarded with a Certificate of Graduation. You will then be able to start your officiating journey officially! :)
$200 – Students (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents only)
$300 – Singaporean
$350 – Singapore Permanent Resident
$450 – Non-Singaporean
for Practical Examinations & OJT Programme
1 x Whistle (Included)
Relevant Course Notes (Included)
2 x OJT Tee Shirt (Included)
Black Pants (Not included)
Black Sports Shoes (Not included)